Cosmetic Plastic Surgery – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
There are many reasons you might decide to have cosmetic plastic surgery, but all involved a desire to improve your appearance. When selecting a Minneapolis St. Paul area plastic surgeon for a cosmetic procedure, you’ll discover that each surgeon in the area focuses on different types of surgical procedures. Not all plastic surgeons perform all types of cosmetic surgery. Dr. McCue has a particular interest in several types of cosmetic surgery procedures, and has performed many of those procedures. Click the links below for more information on each procedure.
Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
Cosmetic surgery is not at all uncommon today, and can treat a number of appearance problems. Usually elective in nature, every cosmetic surgical procedure requires careful planning and surgical techniques. Dr. McCue offers the following procedures:
- Breast Implants & Augmentation – For many women, increasing the size of their breasts or equalizing the size of their breasts is a way to improve their appearance and sense of self-esteem. Breast augmentation involves the use of implants, either saline or silicone, and requires careful assessment and skill to produce the desired results.
- Breast Reduction Surgery – Many women with very large breasts can benefit from breast reduction surgery. Back and shoulder pain may be reduced, and many women find that they look and feel better after breast reduction. Each patient has unique needs, and careful planning and surgical skill are needed for the best results.
- Abdominoplasty Surgery – Commonly called a "tummy tuck," abdominoplasty is a type of body contouring that can solve a number of abdominal appearance problems, such as excess abdominal skin after weight loss, an out-of-proportion abdomen, or excess fatty tissue located in the abdominal area. Sometimes combined with liposuction, abdominoplasty requires a well planned and carried out procedure.
- Liposuction Surgery – This procedure, sometimes combined with abdominoplasty, is valuable in removing fat deposits that are out of proportion with the rest of your body and that remain, even after weight loss. Effective on many areas of the body, it produces good results when performed with skill and planning.
- Rhinoplasty Surgery – Cosmetic surgery on the nose is a fairly common type of surgery. Many patients request this surgery to correct appearance problems with their noses, to correct bumps on the nose, a too large nose, or other issues. Often a small change makes a big difference. Since the surgery is done on the face, location of incisions and extremely careful surgical techniques are essential.
- Eyelid Blepharoplasty – More commonly called "eyelid surgery," this procedure can be used to correct appearance issues on both upper and lower eyelids. Depending on the individual patient, the results can improve the appearance of the eyes dramatically. Careful evaluation and consideration of other treatments will be part of the decision-making process, and several surgical techniques may be considered.
- Body Contouring after Major Weight Loss – Patients who have lost large amounts of weight through bariatric surgery or other weight loss methods often experience sagging excess skin, due to inadequate elasticity of the skin to adjust to the weight loss. Body contouring surgery can remove this excess skin and improve appearance and reduce associated problems.
Dr. McCue – Cosmetic Plastic Surgery in Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
In all elective cosmetic surgery, the process always begins with a careful and thoughtful consultation between the patient and the plastic surgeon. If you are considering cosmetic surgery, Dr. McCue will discuss your goals, assess them with you and provide you with all the information you need to understand the procedure and the results you can expect. Contact Dr. McCue’s Minneapolis St. Paul office to arrange for a consultation.